Every day, we experience sound in our environment, such as the sounds from television and radio, household appliances, and traffic. Normally, these sounds are at safe levels that don’t damage our hearing. But sounds can be harmful when they are too loud, even for a brief time, or when they are both loud and long-lasting. These sounds can damage sensitive structures in the inner ear and cause noise-induced hearing loss (source NIHL website).
NIHL can be immediate or it can take a long time to be noticeable. It can be temporary or permanent, and it can affect one ear or both ears. Even if you can’t tell that you are damaging your hearing, you could have trouble hearing in the future, such as not being able to understand other people when they talk, especially on the phone or in a noisy room. Regardless of how it might affect you, one thing is certain: noise-induced hearing loss is something you can prevent.
Protecting your hearing is vital! NIHL is 100% preventable. The Audiologist will discuss the best hearing protection devices (earplugs) that are suited to fit your hearing loss (if present), your ear canal, and your work environments. For safety reasons, we want to ensure that your hearing is protected, but also allow for effective communication to occur.
Visit WESTONE www.westone.com for information regarding custom hearing protection options that are best suited to meet your needs.
Hunting, shooting, and sudden noise. A filter instantaneously closes when damaging noise levels are reached. Allows essentially normal hearing at all other times.
Ideal for performing musicians and concert-goers. Also great for flight attendants, bartenders, waiters, dental professionals. Allows wearer to hear sounds accurately but at reduced levels. Have 3 filter options: 9dB, 15dB or 25dB.
For swimming and showering – and they FLOAT! Also provide superb noise reduction.
- Offers comfortable and uninterrupted rest.
- Great for shift workers and credited with saving many relationships!
- Designed with a hollow canal for under helmet use to reduce wind buffeting.
- Comfortable and easy to remove.
- Designed to prevent surfer’s ear and swimmer’s ear caused by exposure to cold water and wind.
- The floatable material is molded with a sealed membrane spanning the sound bore that keeps cold water and air out of the ear canal but allows for conversation and hearing while in the ear.
Ideal for high-noise industrial environments.
For use with any bud/button style earphones.
- Amplification for situational awareness.
- Noise attenuation when you pull the trigger.
- Game mode: Optimized for intermittent shots.
- Clay mode: Optimized for continued shots.
- Normal mode: provides standard Digital 1 features.
- Wind Reduction mode: Ideal for shooting in windy conditions.